Saturday, May 4, 2013

Product Review: imPress Press-On Manicure




imPRESS Nails have got to be, by far, my favorite, fake nails to wear! They're super sturdy and last quite a long time, I'd say longer than a week. That's saying a lot since I work in retail and working warehouse can be a bit brutal. These press-on manicures are wonderful though with the proper application, it sure won't be a waste! I love getting the french tip, (shown above) in short length. They have recently come out with a medium length press-on manicure but I prefer the shorter ones. These do not require nail glue but it can still be an optional choice, I know a lot of customers carry a nail glue just in case but they rave about these press-ons as well! 

Prior to application, I stip my nails of any polishes and natural oils by using 100% acetone. The package comes with a variety of nail sizes (approximately 24), so it can suit a majority of people. I prefer to start on my pinky and work my way to the larger sizes of my fingers, since I've got more petite nails. Once you've chosen the nail sizes you just remove the seal behind the nail and press the fake nail firmly on the bed of your nails. I like to make sure it's secure by holding it down for about 15-20 seconds and placing a bit pressure onto it. Also, getting it close enough to your cuticles is key to have a more natural appearance. I've gotten a lot of compliments, people thinking that they were my natural nails. For their length of wear, I normally end up peeling them off about 10 days in because I want to switch it up. If the sticky residue doesn't last long on a nail, I'd have to say it would probably because the wrong size was chosen and frequent hand-washing can weaken the stickiness. An easy fix would be to add nail glue prior to application or when the nail comes off. A lot of customers say that the use of nail glue allows for a more long lasting wear. 

imPress isn't limited to just french manicures, they also carry solid colors and a few designed ones as well. And lately, I've seen them launching out limited editions too and even have some for the toes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment