Sunday, March 17, 2013

Simple Sunday: Sinful Wing Half & Half




Happy Sunday my loves! For this Simple Sunday i'm feating two polishes from my prior posts, thought it would be great and easy way to kill two birds with one stone! So to create these quick and easy nail of the day, I used Mini Haul: Sinful Colors Sugar Rush in Sweet Tooth and Bargain Finds: Ruby Wing in Wild Flower

Decide which base color you want on each nail and use the other polish as the bottom half. For Sweet Tooth I used about two layers to achieve this appearance. It is surely a more creme finish of a lavender shade. As for, Wild Flower, it is more of an sheer polish so it took an extra coat, a total of three layers. It can appear a bit odd in some parts but that's because it is a color changing polish depending on the type of lighting (indoor or outdoor). Both polishes are true to color and quite adorable!  

Now as for the design, do do this half and half affect, stop about midway on your nail at one side and go all the way to end at the opposite end. Let it sit for a while before adding another layer of polish, that way it doesn't blotch or anything. Once you're complete with that step, paint the rest of your nail with your other polish choice and repeat the directions pretty much. Once you've finished, you can do a transitioning polish to take away the oddness of the half and half, I used L.A. Colors Art Deco in Gold Glitter for this. Simply just follow your diagonal line, then use a top coat! (A non-clean diagonal line is more forgiving in this sense cause you're transition color makes up for it ^_^) *Drip Dry would help a lot to harden the polish quicker. 

My choice of colors have me representing my current city's basketball team; the Lakers or should I say the Baby Lakers since my shades are lighter than the actual team colors? :P 

2 comments:

  1. Love this one! Will try next time I paint my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! I hope it turns out better than mine! Share it with me if you get the chance, I'd love to see your color combo choice! :)

    ReplyDelete