Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Product Review: Maybelline Nail Stickers



These past couple of weeks I've been testing out Maybelline's Limited Edition Color Show Fashion Prints Nail Stickers in Sapphire Jewels #60.

I have to say, this photo doesn't do this nail design justice. The silver/grey triangular designs are more of a holographic finish that make the contrast more appealing against the deep blue base. I love the overall design with the length of nails, I feel it would be to overbearing if it were on longer nails.

As far as nail stickers go, Maybelline's got it spot on for their adhesiveness, I end up peeling them off after a little over a week because I want to change them out and there will still be sticky residue left on my nails. Thus their lasting wear is also quite great since I use them without top coat. (Mind you that's pretty well, especially while working in retail.)

The downfall? For me it would be cleanly sizing it. I can get a bit anal, so the tips end up bothering me if I file them too close and am able to see the edge of my nails. This leads me to pick at them but I'm pretty sure a little top coat could solve it. And I'd assume this could last for about 2 weeks before it starts to wear and tear (with good top coat of course), I just don't have the patience to wait that long to find out. Maybe when I'm really busy! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment