Friday, March 29, 2013

Fancy Fridays: Easter Egged



My Easter Egged Bunny :) 



Polishes you'll be needing: 


  • Base Coat - Sally Hansen Hard As Nails 
As usual, start off with a base coat to protect your nails. 
  • Base Color - Essie Blanc
For my main base color I chose to go with white to make my nails appear like eggs. I went with two coats of Essie's Blanc. 
  • Offset Base Color & First Accent Color - China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint 
For my offset base color (on my ring finger), I chose China Glaze's Re-Fresh Mint for the background of my bunny. I also used this as a accent color, so using a Detail Brush on my index and pinky finger I created zigzags in the middle of my nail. Then, for my thumb and middle finger I created three dots near my cuticle and three dots near the tips. 
  • Second Accent Color - Maybelline Firefly
And for my second accent color, I just reversed everything that I did with the Re-Fresh Mint. So, once again, using a Detail Brush, this time on my index and pinky finger, I made a couple of dots near my cuticle as well as near the tips of my nail. Then, with the same color, I created the zigzags on my thumb and middle finger. 
  • Bunny - Essie Blanc & Maybelline Firefly
Now, for my main design, I went back to Essie Blanc using the regular polish brush, I created a half circle towards my tips (the bunny's head). Then with a Detail Brush, I created two ovals going towards my cuticles connected to the half circle (the bunny's ears). I went back to Maybelline's Firefly to add dimension and color to detail on the bunny, first by making smaller ovals within the white ovals (as the inside of the bunny's ears). And then just a tiny dot in the middle of the half circle (the bunny's nose). 
  • Striper - Flexbrush Black 
The striper brush, I used to create the Bunny's emoticon eye appearance. I thought it would be more interesting to have it's eyes closed. So I drew the left and right arrows pointing towards each other as it's eyes. Like this ( > < )! If you mess up, use your white polish to put a small amount and your Detail brush to clean it up. It's not necessary for you to do these type of eyes, do whatever fits your mood. If you'd like circles, you can use a dotting tool to create them!
  • Top Coat - Seche Vite 
Once you're content, add top coat to protect your creation! :) 
  • Dry Drops - OPI Drip Dry
I swear by Dry Drops, I can't help but use them. But this is, of course, optional.






No comments:

Post a Comment