Monday, March 25, 2013

Simple Sunday: Orange You Obnoxiously "Oz"some




Simple Sunday may have just gotten a little obnoxious, yes? No? Maybe so? This week we've got our overdose of glitter all thanks to OPI's Oz the Great and Powerful Collection (linked to the Mini Haul). It's honestly a better view from afar rather than up close and personal because the size of the glitters are totally obnoxious but I couldn't help but try them out. 

Anyways, as my base colors I decided to use Essie's Meet Me at Sunset, a total POP of color for your lady fingers which might add is also trending for this Spring, and also Essie's Blanc. They're both pretty opaque lacquers. I used one coat for Meet Me at Sunset and two coats for Blanc just for certainty. 

I guess this can be a partial product review. Like I mentioned on the Mini Haul for the Oz Collection I was super eager to get my hands on this. But my final review is that they are just "so-so". Lights of Emerald City is super gorgeous in the bottle but somewhat difficult to get the white chunks out. As for When Monkeys Fly it wasn't as difficult but what they do have in common is that their clear polish mixture is super thick which I'm not a fan of. This is my turn off for these glitters. I wish the consistency was a little less thick. I think the attempted glitter gradient would  have looked better with Wet N Wild's Coloricon Toppings also featured in a Mini Haul from last week. (I'd say it's a more affordable and subtle glitter polish.) 

My last words on OPI's Oz glitters, maybe I'm just not that great at using them. But they are still worth having just in case. I'll keep playing around with them for better judgement. Like I previously mentioned it's just so-so. Btw, I topped it with top coat and new Sally Hansen's Dry Drops which I'm currently trying out so look out for a product review on that in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment