Thursday, April 11, 2013

Product Review: Sally Hansen's Salon Nail Effects Nail Strips

Another nail strip product review, so far we've gone over Maybelline and L'Oreal's versions.

Now onto the next, Sally Hansen's Salon Effects, I've tried them a couple of times and it's been an all right experience. But I constantly hear from coworkers and some customers that it did not work for them when they attempted to use it. The complaints were normally that the product lacked adhesion. My conclusion for this reasoning is that it probably does not have a long lifespan on the shelf.

Based on my personal experiences, they worked out just they said they would. They lasted approximately a week or so and stayed on. What I normally did was made sure that my nails were clean and free of any oils and polishes by wiping 100% acetone prior to applying the nail stickers. The directions do say to buff the nails for better adhesion but the second time around, I didn't even find it necessary since it stuck on pretty well.

On the other hand, I have found batches on the shelf or from customers' returns that had no adhesion on it whatsoever. Maybe it may have completely dried due to some kind of puncture in the packaging or just an unlucky batch?

I guess, it may just be a hit or miss on buying them and hoping they'll work. I just wish they'd have a wider variety where the designs were more subtle to capture the more mature crowd too.

No comments:

Post a Comment