Sunday, April 7, 2013

Simple Sunday: Sprinkle Me Some 'Fetti



Happy Simple Sunday everyone! ^_^v I've decided to do a gradient effect with the Sinful Colors Almost Famous Collection and I took the opportunity to also try out my Mini Haul: Nail Supply Store products.

I started off by using the China Glaze's Shape Shifter from their Tranzitions line as my base color for the Sinful Colors' Glitters Collection Lush Life & Star Dust. Creating a gradient between two glitter polishes isn't that difficult as long as you have a base color that they can both easily blend into. (Pretty much, any color that won't be obviously visible.) And I topped it off by featuring OPI's What Wizardry Is This from their Oz the Great and Powerful Collection as an offset nail just so I can test it out...

Thoughts?

China Glaze Tranzitions: I like the concept of two toned polishes that changes with the use of topcoat but at the same time I feel that also is its downfall. In my opinion, it leaves an uneven finish on the nails or maybe even layering wise. If they really wanted to market this idea more, I would think a larger variety of colors would be nice.

Sinful Colors Almost Famous Collection: This limited edition glitter line is pretty cool. So far, I'm loving the choice of hues they've provided, their affordable price tag, and the variety of glitter sizes amongst the bottles. It's really clever and makes polishes more fun to use.

OPI Liquid Sand: I'd have to say, I'm just so-so on liquid sand ordeal even though it is something totally new and different it takes getting used to. It kind of takes "sand" a bit to literal for me, during the drying process (which felt longer than the average polish) you can press on the polish on your nail and see it "sink" like real sand would and easily leave dents. Maybe I'm being quite bias since I would much rather prefer being top coated but regardless I'd expect my polishes to be completely dry especially I even have a fan on in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment