Friday, April 19, 2013

Fancy Friday: Bead Me Up!

Sorry guys, this week's Fancy Friday is still lacking an accompanying video. >__<; I know! I'm sorry, but next week they will be back! Anyways, this week we're dealing with a few tedious necessities: microbeads. So let's get on with it and you can recreate Bead Me Up which looks something like this! I got my inspiration from a Japanese nail magazine! ^_^ Also, excuse the poor photo quality... *sigh*


The following photos are what you'll need to make this design on your nails. The first photo is my base coat, top coat, and dry drop. (These are very dire for me). The second photo are the polishes I chose. Then, the last two photos are what I added for the design to my nails.


  • Base Coat: OPI Nail Envy
Starting off with a base coat to protect the nails. This is, by far, my favorite base coat. I actually see results using these on my oh so delicate nails! 
  • Base Color: Wet N Wild 2% Milk 
For the base coat, I did just one coat of 2% Milk. This is just to polish my nails, instead of using my regular nails for the half moon effect. So this color is my favorite for a natural looking polish for my skin tone and it's somewhat of an opaque consistency. 
  • Accent Color: Revlon Colorstay Provence 
And then, my accent color is Revlon's Colorstay Provence, a light lavender polish. Since I'm choose very subtle colors, it'll be hard to really distinguish the half moon effect but that's exactly my point. I don't want such a drastic color change. Anyways, start painting your nails by leaving a half circle unpainted against your cuticles. You can easily create this with no problem if you use nail strips to have a cleaner finish. (Like the ones you would use for a French Tip except reverse its direction). I put about two coats of this polish. 
  • Second Accent: N.Y.C. Scandalous Blue Glitter 
Then to create an iridescent effect I layered on N.Y.C.'s Scandalous Blue Glitter on top of my whole nail. Yep, my whole nail, then I put a second coat on just the accent color. And a third coat at the bottom third of my nail. (Like you're kind of creating a gradient). 
  • Microbeads: Gold Microbeads
Once you've completed that step, use a dotting tool to outline your half moon with Gold Microbeads. Do this to all of your nails. To be honest, this step was pretty tedious and took the most time. But the outcome is totally worth it. 


  • Rhinestones: Pink & Purple Teardrop Rhinestones
Next, I used Teardrop Rhinestones to add more color to the design. I chose to create a purple heart on my thumb and ring finger. I just placed two purple teardrop rhinestones right next to each other. And on the rest of my other nails, I created a pink fan by placing three pink teardrop rhinestones next to each other but making sure that they are slightly curved. 
  • Top Coat: Seche Vite
When you're happy with your results, generously slab on your top coat. Make sure to get all around the beads and rhinestones to seal them in and not them run off! 
  • Dry Drops: Sally Hansen Dry Drops 
Then to not dent or ruin your nails while waiting for them to dry. Top it off with Dry Drops to harden and seal in your polishes in a shorter amount of time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment